Saturday, April 28, 2012

A quick snack

Yesterday I was looking for ideas for something that I could feed the girls between basketball training and a basketball game.  We had a 20min car trip so I was hoping for something that was nutritious, filling and car-friendly.  My friends on #gbc suggested Calzones and a couple of them emailed me pizza crust recipes.

However, I'm too lazy to wait around for yeast and rising & resting and all that sort of stuff.  So I used this recipe and filled them with a mixture of onion, chicken & tomato paste.  I made sure the chicken mixture was quite finely shredded and dry.

To fill them, make a ball about the size of a golf ball, and then press your thumb into it, then smooth out the sides until you have a thin sided cup.  Place about a teaspoon or so of the mixture in the hollow and press the edges to seal.  They ended up a samosa shape.

I then cooked them at 220C for 8mins (well actually I cooked them for 10mins but that meant they were a bit overdone).  The girls loved them but ate them for afternoon tea rather than for dinner!

(I did take some photos but my camera appears to have eaten them!)

I plan to make more of these as we've got a lot of activities straight after school this coming term and these (with a variety of different fillings) will be just perfect.

1 comment:

DaddyBear said...

Sounds scrumptious. I'll have to try those.